Did You Know?
- One serving of California Raisins (1/4 cup or 40 grams) delivers dietary fiber, potassium and important antioxidants.
- Just ¼ cup of raisins is one serving of fruit.
- Raisins are naturally fat and cholesterol free.
- Raisins are one of the few foods providing naturally occurring inulin, a dietary fiber that supports healthy digestion.
- Raisins rank as one of the best sources of antioxidants. They contain catechins, a compound from this group.
- Raisins are a delicious, convenient and affordable addition to recipes, snacks and meals-they bring out flavor while boosting nutrition
- Raisins contain antioxidant phytochemicals, including polyphenols and cancer-protective catechins (Dannenberg, et al.)
- One serving of raisins per day decreased LDL (bad) cholesterol levels in subjects whose LDL levels were elevated
- Additional facts: click here California Raisin Marketing Board
- 34 grams of carbohydrates in one small box of raisins include 26 grams of sugar for rapid energy
- You can get the same benefit from eating raisins to improve performance while you exercise or participate in endurance sports as sports chews or other sports products to add carbohydrates. -“Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition”
- Additional information: What are the Benefits of Eating Raisins Every Day?
Raisins are ranked #2 in Our Top 15 Heart-Healthy Foods
In-Depth Nutrient Profile : click here The World’s Healthiest Foods
Health and Nutrition Research: click here Health and Nutrition Research